What Makes Us Different

There are only four (4) sources you can get a puppy:

  • Shelters/Rescues
  • Show Breeders
  • Casual/ Backyard Breeders
  • Pet Stores partnering with Professional Breeders

All four have good points. We believe the public should have the right to choose. Even though we suggest and have a 10' banner in every location that says, "Have you visited your local animal shelter first?" we believe just as not every family wants a Show dog, not every family can rehabilitate a shelter dog, that's why more than 20% of dogs adopted from shelters are returned, 50% within the first 2 weeks. The other reality is that the statistics given about shelter dogs do not tell how many of the dogs are euthanized because of age, sickness, or vicious animals that would be public health hazards if returned to the community.

We believe there are not enough desired dogs in shelters and the statistics prove that shelters are much lower than they were 5 years ago (see these stats here). Pet store puppies are not the problem in local shelters. There are 83 million dogs in the US, with nearly 50% of households owning a dog. Pet Industry Market Size & Ownership Statistics

Pet stores only account for 4% (500,000) of the dogs sold in the U.S. If we are only selling 4% and the other 3 sources are providing the other 96%, how can the animal rights groups say that pet store puppies are the problem? All our puppies are microchipped and can be traced back to our store!

Annual Statistics:

  1. There are close to 80M (78.2M) owned dogs in the US. According to most recent APPA stats.
  2. 7M dogs AND cats are in shelters and rehoming organizations (usually half as many dogs as cats in shelters).
  3. 3M dogs AND cats are sold from those organizations and shelters.
  4. 30% (2M) dogs and 5% Cats, are returned to owners.
  5. About 2M dogs AND cats combined are euthanized each year, and we know that there are many more cats in shelters than dogs. Reports from shelter workers say that at least 50% of the 2M are end of life decisions by the owners because the shelter will euthanize much cheaper than vets. The balance are euthanized for temperament or health issues. Michigan Humane Society states on their website that they reached their goal of adopting 100% of adoptable dogs in 2010 (MHS is the largest shelter in MI with 3 locations and is an open enrollment facility).
  6. Over 20% of dogs in shelters are dogs that are being returned to the shelters, are they being counted twice or three times?
  7. Only 4% of the dogs sold in America annually come from pet stores (500,000).
  8. Most pet stores microchip all puppies for permanent identification which proves that very few (less than 3%) of pups bought from pet stores are found in shelters.
  9. The statistics and surveys say that the vast majority of dogs in shelters are acquired from friends at no charge or from a breeder with a cost less than $300.
  10. Since dogs die of old age, over 20M dogs are needed each year to replaced deceased dogs. It's obvious from the above stats that shelters and rehoming groups can't supply those needs. Rehoming groups, Good licensed kennels and home breeders can't keep up with the demand for puppies and dogs.

According to CDC thousands of dogs are being brought in or smuggled in to the United States annually. These are dogs from other countries that may be carrying unknown diseases including rabies.

You Compare, This is What You Get With Our Puppies

We offer today's busy family a great resource and screening of breeds, breeders both in the area of health and behavior. Even though we could sell a lot more dogs, we only sell "Family Friendly" breeds that have proven to be great options for our customers. You can read for yourself what we offer and then you can make an informed decision as to where you should get your new puppy from.

Here are the benefits we offer:

  Family Friendly Breeds

  Purebred and Crossbred

  AKC Registration or AKC Canine Partners Decree

  Permanent ID

  Unequaled Socialization

  Veterinary Care

  Protection for You and the Puppy

  Lifetime Behavior Training Comes Free with Every One of Our Puppies

  Hand Picked Breeders