Click on the links below for party ideas and games.
Create-a-Pet Parties are a stitch of FUN! What can be more fun than playing with puppies and creating your very own stuffed animal friend? Create-a-Pet parties for birthdays are sure to name you "Parent of the Year" but Create-a-Pet parties are also great for all kinds of reasons; an improvement on a report card, rewarding your children for being helpful or kind, Winter break celebration, scouting or church outings or just to get out of the house! If you want you can even bring in your own food and drinks!
We have had parties for ages 2-40. We even have had teen and adult parties that have donated their stuffed animals to children in the hospital. We have had groups give the animals to military family kids or foster children that many times don't have what our children have. We have connections with many organizations and can help arrange all these options for you.
We also want you to know that your party will help socialize the puppies we have in our stores. We have an awesome reputation of providing very gentle puppies and Create-a-Pet parties are a huge part of our socialization plan for each and every puppy we sell. The goal is to have every puppy meet and greet 100 different people or animals before he or she goes to his or her forever home. We believe this socialization is unattainable in any other setting or new puppy source. This degree of socialization will set the puppy's temperament for life and thereby create a great family pet for his or her new owners!
- Create-a-Pet Party Certificates are for SIX guests (extra guests ONLY $10 each)
- Two Parties in One: Create-a-Pet and Playtime with Puppies
- Each guest will Create & Adopt their Own Stuffed Animal Friend
- Each Guest will Receive an Adoption Certificate for their new Stuffed Friend
- Outfits And Accessories are also Available
- Parties Include 20 Minute Playtime with Our Real-Live Puppies
- Party Invitation Creator available at NO CHARGE! See Party Invitation Creator!
- Our Staff will help Guests Learn Proper Care for Puppies!
Which stores offer private party rooms?
All our stores offer a private party room except the 12 Mile Crossing at Fountain Walk, Novi location. Some are larger than others but all have worked well for previous guests. The Novi location is in a center with many restaurants that offer space for you to have food and open gifts after your time at our store making your Create-a-Pet and Puppytime! When you come to the store to place your deposit we will show you the space we have at that location so you can make plans for table coverings and decoration options. We do not provide any tableware, plates, napkins, paper goods or decorations.
What kind of events can I have a party for?
There are endless occasions that call for a FUN Create a Pet Party!
- Birthdays for all ages
- Special accomplishment reward celebration
- Friendship Building
- School or Daycare Field Trips
- Scouting Event (many times it will count for a Pet Care badge)
- Charity Service Projects (Donate your stuffed animals to a worthwhile children's group)
- and many more reasons to have a FUN time with stuffed animals and puppies!
What is included with a Create-a-Pet Party?
Create a Pet Parties are a great way to celebrate any special occasion. We offer two parties in one making a Create-a-Pet party the best party ever!!
- Each of your guests will Create their own new stuffed animal friend! We will have a party facilitator that will help your guests as they stuff and bring to life their new buddy! We have an exclusive "Add a Heart" feature where we securely place a felt, flocked heart on the outside of each new stuffed animal to remind your guests of love and kindness. You can choose to accessorize your guest's new friends with a great assortment of price conscious, adorable outfits or tee shirts. This stuffed animal becomes your "Take Home Gift" for the guests you invite. Much better than the typical Loot Bags!
- Then your guests will spend about 20 minutes playing with The Family Puppy's lovable bouncing puppies! The party facilitator will bring puppies to the guests as they hug and pet the cutest puppies available. We want you to know that your party will help socialize the puppies we have in our stores. We have an awesome reputation of providing very gentle puppies and Create-a-Pet parties are a huge part of our socialization plan for each and every puppy we sell. The goal is to have every puppy meet and greet 100 different people or animals before he or she goes to his or her forever home. We believe this socialization is unattainable in any other setting or new puppy source. This degree of socialization will set the puppy's temperament for life and thereby create a great family pet for his or her new owners!
What is the cost of a Create-a-Pet Party?
A party for 6 guests is $110 and only $10 for each additional guest. The party includes a huggable undressed stuffed animal that your guests create during the party. You can then choose optional outfits or clothes (an additional $2-$10 per guest) to dress-up their new friend even more! You decide what you want the guests to take home as a gift from you and our facilitator will help the guests stay within your budget.
How can I book a party?
Call one of our stores and be ready to give the following information:
- Your Guest of Honor's name and age
- The special occasion for your party
- Your name, address and phone number
- In order to make sure we have a time slot, have a date and time you would like to have your party, also have a second date and time in case we are all booked that day.
- The number of guests you're having at your party
- The per guest amount you would like to spend
- Be prepared to select come into the store to place your deposit which will reserve your party date. No dates will be guaranteed without a deposit placed in person at the store.
What deposit is required to schedule a party?
A deposit of $50 must be paid in person at the store to reserve your party date. The deposit will be applied to the total cost of your party. We only accept checks or cash for party deposits. If you need to cancel or reschedule a party, you must call within 72 hours. If this is done you are eligible for a full refund, or the deposit may be applied to another date of your choice.
What if I need to reschedule or cancel my party?
If you need to cancel or reschedule a party, you must call within 72 hours. If this is done you are eligible for a full refund, or the deposit may be applied to another date of your choice.
Is there a minimum number of guests to have a Create-a-Pet Party?
A party requires 6 or more guests to book a Create-a-Pet party. We can handle up to 24 guests.
Do you have invitations we can use for our party?
Yes we offer a free "Party Invitation Creator" where you and your honored guest can electronically paint and create custom invitations on our website and then print as many as needed.
How much time should I plan for a Create-a-Pet Party?
The time needed for a party is typically 1-11/2 hours. The time to Create your new stuffed friends is about 30 minutes and the playtime with the puppies is usually 20 minutes. If you are scheduling your party in one of our locations with a party room you will have 45 minutes for your time to open gifts and have cake. If you want more time in the party room, ask when you schedule your party. The room time can be extended, if there are no other parties scheduled, at $25 an hour extra.
Will we be the only ones in the store during my party?
Create-a-Pet parties take place in the store and there usually are non-party guests in the store while your party is happening. We will work hard at giving your guests first rate service from your party facilitator.
Do I need to be there for the party?
We do require at least one adult present at every Create-a-Pet party. Even though the parents of your guests will thoroughly enjoy the time at the store, it is not necessary for all parents of party guests above the age of 5 to be in attendance during the party, but because some children might have a tendency to squeeze puppies we do require that a parent be present for every child 5 years of age or younger. This is typically a great time to help your child learn proper handling of puppies. It really can be an endearing time for parents with their children.
Can we bring food & drinks to the party?
We do not offer food because we are not licensed to serve food and beverages in our stores. There are many mall food partners that may offer a discount to your group. Call the participating restaurant for information on what may be offered for your party.
Other than our Novi location, you may bring drinks and snacks such as cakes, cupcakes or cookies for your party guests, but meals cannot be served.
Who can I contact if I have more questions?
You can always contact the store closest to you and they will be happy to answer any questions you have.
We are excited to offer this party concept. If you have your honored guest's party at The Family Puppy! You will surely be voted Parent of the Year!